Hagener Straße 47
Residence of the shoe nail manufacturer Wilhelm Schütte, who founded the factory in 1881 at the entrance to Sengenau, where the Meyer & Teubner compa.ny later manufactured washers and flanges. The factory existed under the management of his son Wilhelm Schütte Jr. until 1926.
Whereas shoe nails had previously been forged by hand on the anvil, Wilhelm Schütte constructed machines on which nails could be produced mechanically.The machines were driven by a steam engine. On four machines he could produce 200 nails a minute, about as many as were nailed under the soles of one pair of shoes.The nails were driven by a steam engine. On four machines he could produce 200 nails a minute, about as many as were nailed under the soles of a pair of shoes. The production area was enlarged several times. The son of the same name, Wilhelm Jr., who took over the company after his father's death in 1922, closed down production in 1926, concentrated on trading in small steel parts, and took over various agencies until his death in 1938. He had already sold the company premises to Meyer & Teubner, whose partner Wilhelm Meyer was married to his sister Agnes. Today, the PacLog company successfully operates a trade in packaging materials in the Meyer & Teubner production buildings.
Abb.: Stadtarchiv Drolshagen, Sammlung Felix Stahlhacke