Hagener Straße 28
After the town fire in 1838, this was the original location of the house Alterauge. This family was also called ‘Klosters’, because the ancestors had acquired the secularised monastery (in German=Kloster) including the monastery courtyard. At the end of the 1960s the former savings and loan fund Drolshagen bought the house from "Klosters Karl", tore it down and erected the present Volksbank building.
In 1874, 35 people founded the loan association Drolshagen with the decisive participation of Dean Fischer and the senior civil servant Neuhaus. The first treasurer was the teacher Johann Rötz, followed by another teacher Daniel Schütte. To begin with business was always done in the living room of the treasurer. Later business moved to the house Wilhelm Wigger at the Kirchplatz, which is now "Cafe am Markt". After various moves in Hagener Straße, the present bank building was finally completed in 1967. After the end of World War II, the name of the bank was changed to "Spar- und Darlehnskasse zu Drolshagen". In 1975 the cooperative financial institutions of Drolshagen and Wenden merged and after a short transitional period the "Volksbank Wenden-Drolshagen e.G." was founded. In 2011 the "Volksbank Olpe-Wenden-Drolshagen e.G." with more than 22,000 members was created by merging with Volksbank Olpe.
Abb.: Stadtarchiv Drolshagen, Sammlung Felix Stahlhacke